The Tendon burger offers by the 128-year-old legendary Tempura restaurant, name is "Dote no Iseya".
The first restaurant owner, Mr. Gisaburo Wakabayashi, was founded in 1889 (Meiji 22).
Before the 1923 Great Kanto Earthquake, the tributaries of the Sumida River flowed near Iseya. It was called a bank (commonly known as Yoshiwara Bank).
Now it is reclaimed and turned into a road.
You can see the Sky Tree at the end of the street.
The original name of the restaurant was "Iseya", but there was the "bank" in front of the restaurant then it seems that one day it was called "Iseya on the bank"
Certified as a registered tangible cultural property in 2010.
The restaurant destroyed by the Great Kanto Earthquake in 1923, and the bank collapsed too.
The current restaurant was rebuilt in 1927.
Wooden buildings left unburned by the Tokyo air raid are rare, and the surrounding buildings are almost burned In this area,
The restaurant is miraculously left unburned.
This restaurant the specialty is "Tendon", which inherits the traditional taste of ingredients, oil, sauce and everything.
especially Anago Tendon is famous which topping one big conger on the Tendon.
It is a popular restaurant where customers can come to eat the tendon.